- Here’s what we know about using supplements to fight COVID-19 | Science Newsby Helen Thompson on October 26, 2020 at 1:16 am
Unless you’re deficient, there’s little evidence yet for taking Vitamin D and other supplements to treat or prevent a coronavirus infection.
- Why bat scientists are socially distancing from their subjects | Science Newsby mike on October 23, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Scientists are calling for a “hands-off” approach to research to decrease the chances of spreading the coronavirus to bats in North America.
- An arthritis drug doesn’t appear to help fight COVID-19 | Science Newsby Helen Thompson on October 23, 2020 at 10:00 am
The best available evidence so far hasn’t found that the anti-inflammatory drug benefited patients hospitalized with COVID-19.
- We still don’t know what COVID-19 immunity means or how long it lasts | Science Newsby Helen Thompson on October 19, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Without knowing how long immunity lasts, it may be impossible to reach herd immunity without a vaccine or an extremely high death toll.
- Remdesivir doesn’t reduce COVID-19 deaths, a large WHO trial finds | Science Newsby mike on October 17, 2020 at 1:59 am
An international study of more than 11,000 people finds that remdesivir doesn’t prevent deaths from COVID-19, but the drug may still be useful.