- COVID-19 pandemic made U.S. college students’ mental health worse | Science Newsby Helen Thompson on January 22, 2021 at 11:00 am
College students struggled with mental health problems before the pandemic. Now, some vulnerable students are even more at risk.
- How Biden plans to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic | Science Newsby Helen Thompson on January 20, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Epidemiologist Michael Osterholm, an adviser to the Biden transition team, talks about the plans to tackle the public health crisis COVID-19 created.
- Coronavirus variant B.1.1.7 will soon be dominant U.S. strain | Science Newsby Helen Thompson on January 15, 2021 at 8:28 pm
More rigorous efforts to vaccinate, wear masks and social distance are needed to curb the variant’s spread, CDC says.
- Could delaying a second vaccine dose lead to new coronavirus strains?by Helen Thompson on January 14, 2021 at 9:03 pm
Some experts worry extending the time between vaccine doses could help the virus evolve in potentially harmful ways, but viral evolution is complex.
- For 100 years, bringing you the latest in science | Science Newsby lily on January 14, 2021 at 8:17 pm
Editor in chief Nancy Shute reflects a century of science news as the 100th anniversary of Science News arrives.