The embedded link below refreshes every day, to provide you with the latest news from CNN
- Vaccine rollouts lay bare the Middle East’s deep inequalitiesby Zeena Saifi, CNN on January 26, 2021 at 5:01 am
While oil-rich Gulf Arab nations were among the first in the world to receive a vaccine, war-torn countries such as Yemen and Syria must contend with vague timelines and complex distribution plans for the rollout.
- Newsom shrugs off recall pressures as he lifts California’s Covid restrictionsby Maeve Reston, CNN on January 26, 2021 at 12:12 am
California Gov. Gavin Newsom praised his state’s efforts to rein in the coronavirus pandemic Monday as he lifted California’s regional stay-at-home orders, insisting that the decision was based on science and data — and had nothing to do with the political effort underway to recall him.
- Pentagon weighs deploying thousands of troops to help Biden reach vaccination targetby Oren Liebermann and Barbara Starr, CNN on January 25, 2021 at 11:32 pm
The Department of Defense is weighing options to assist President Joe Biden’s plan to vaccinate as many as 1.5 million people per day within months. Discussions are taking place about deploying thousands of US troops to help with the vaccination efforts, according to four officials familiar with the talks who said a plan could be unveiled by the end of the week.
- Here’s what could happen next with the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccineby Jen Christensen, CNN on January 25, 2021 at 11:08 pm
If all has gone well with its clinical trial, Johnson & Johnson’s Covid-19 vaccine will likely be the next one available in the United States.
- Biden raises the bar on vaccines and suggests US will get to 1.5 million a dayby Betsy Klein, CNN on January 25, 2021 at 9:51 pm
President Joe Biden said Monday that he expects that the US will soon be able to vaccinate 1.5 million people a day, raising the bar by roughly 500,000 more vaccinations than its target of 1 million per day in his first 100 days in office. He said that the US could surpass that initial target in about three weeks.